Why Join PANA?
Here are the reasons why your company should be in PANA:
- Collective Strength of advertisers
The combined PANA membership of big brands, as well as small and medium enterprises gives the association tremendous collective strength, and thereby a strong voice, within and outside the advertising industry. Such united strength can never be matched by any amount of individual effort.
- Learn more about self-regulation as PANA is a pillar of the Ads Standards Council (ASC). A must for regulated categories.
PANA has always maintained that self-regulation is the best form of regulation for the industry as opposed to government controls. PANA is one of the signatories to the tri-partite which established the Ad Standards Council. ASC is responsible for content regulation. The Association has been involved in the development and enforcement of the Advertising Standards Council Code of Ethics, Rules and Regulation and makes its strict adoption a condition of membership. As a PANA member, you get to receive ASC circulars and advise on updated guidelines and industry announcements as well. We can also conduct PANA session on ASC for your team to have a better appreciation on PANA and ASC’s role in the industry’s self-regulation, benefits of being a PANA member to ASC, familiarization of process and provisions of ASC and more.
In 2020, we launched PANA Assist, where a core A-team from the membership can assist fellow members on their basic ASC concerns and this benefit is exclusive to PANA members.
- Discount on ASC (Advertising Standards Council) filing fee and others
- Lower rates for S1 applications, special screening, filing of complaints or appeals & other fees (30% lower)
- Free orientation, training or refresher courses on ASC
- Representation to govt of industry or category-wide concerns (e.g. health supps, alcobev, etc.)
- Assistance on relevant issues of company- member to ASC (e.g. research as substantiation, packaging as POSMs, etc.)
- PANA Volunteers bring to their own company knowledge and expertise on the ASC Code & system
- And still negotiating for more.
- Industry Spokesman especially for issues concerning advertisers
As an organization, the Association speaks for and represents members at industry and government meetings and discussions where the interest of the national advertisers is involved. As liaison for the government, the Association generally opposes any types of controls that restrict or repress the rights and freedom of advertisers.
- Education and Training through the monthly general membership meetings and partnership with other organizations
Through seminars, workshop and open forum discussions which the Association initials or co-sponsors with other partners in the industry. PANA provides excellent opportunities for members to exchange experiences and ideas and to improve their advertising knowledge and level of professionalism. These are the monthly GMMs of General Membership Meetings, Special PANA Sessions. We also have PANA Foundation Online Learning Sessions, PANA Recommends and others with topics that varies from advertising, media, digital, self-regulation, industry trends and economic forecast, education-academe and brand building practices. Invited speakers are usually industry experts both local and international organizations.
- Special discounted rates up to 40% from partner learning organizations.
PANA has arranged collaborations with learning partners such as Franklin Covey, Certified Digital Marketers (CDM) and Synergy to encourage continued growth and competence among our member brand builders at discounted rates exclusive to PANA members.
- Global Best Practices & Networking – PANA is the exclusive partner organization of the World Federation of Advertisers (WFA) in the Philippines.
PANA, being a member of the World Federation of Advertisers, benefits from the networking with other countries on best practices and handling of issues concerning marketing communications and the advertising industry. You also get to attend their WFA’s Webinars for free featuring top caliber and world class speakers and mentors.
- Camaraderie with fellow PANA members and members of the other associations in the advertising industry.
One of the most valuable benefits of PANA membership is personal contacts and fellowship which members are able to develop with their fellow members and between people in media and advertising agencies. It is also an opportunity for possible business collaborations with fellow member brands.
- Government Liaison – work/collaborate with the various government agencies.
The Association generally opposes any types of controls that restrict or repress the rights and freedom of advertiser in government liaison. Working closely with FDA/DOH, DTI, DOLE National Women’s Commission, National Council for Children’s Television
- Media Discount for radio and print (for Regular Members only)
30% discount off rate card of KBP member radio stations and 10% discount from various members of the United Print Media Group. We are also working on making these discounts relevant to all PANA members to include digital platforms. Negotiations on going for bigger discounts to include other media channels including digital.
WHO ARE QUALIFIED TO JOIN?
Juridical persons, i.e., partnerships, corporations or other entities involved in the marketing of products and services with an estimated annual advertising budget of P10 million and above.
Small advertisers, small franchise owners and distributors who own brands with an estimated annual advertising budget of less than P10 million.
Refers to media owners/providers and distributors who also advertise in other media types outside of their own platform.
- Always engage and network with fellow PANA members by joining our PANA Brand Builders Viber community and PANA Members Facebook group. Always attend our PANA GMM and other programs and events. Let’s keep the PANA fellowship alive!
- Keep your PANA membership information updated all the time. If there’s a need to replace any of your representatives to PANA due to internal movements or resignation, kindly inform the PANA secretariat immediately.
- Support our very own PANA and PANA Foundation projects and events.
- Actively participate in various organization activities. Volunteer in any of the available committees. Be part of the PANA-PANAF Board and be of service to the organization and to the industry.
- Kindly settle your PANA membership dues on time. Please email your PANA secretariat for any queries about your membership or if you need any assistance.
- Feedback, comments and suggestions to elevate PANA to the next level are always welcome and appreciated.