June PANA GMM: Know Your Intellectual Property Rights and Protect Your Work
A joint GMM with the Advertising Agencies Association of the Philippines (4As) was held last June 28, 2012. Guest speakers were from the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPO) and the Intellectual Property Alumni Association, Inc. (IPAA), namely:
- Atty. Andrew Ong, Deputy Director, gave an overview of Intellectual Property and the IPO process.
- Atty. Lizette Pulumbarit explained Copyright and Industrial Design
- Atty. Oscar Manahan discussed Trademark: Creation, Use and Creation
- Atty. Tito Bundang shared the best practices with IP.
- Atty. Corazon Marcial tackled the Madrid Protocol.
Defined as any creation or product of the human mind or intellect, intellectual property or IP can be an invention, an original design, a practical application of a good idea, a mark of ownership such as trademark, artistic and literary works, etc. All speakers maintained the importance of Intellectual Property Rights with regard to the advertising industry throughout their presentations.
PANA GMMs are interactive forums where industry experts are invited to share information to PANA members on timely and relevant topics; done every last Thursday of the month at the Hard Rock Café, 3/F Glorietta 3, Makati City.