About Us

  • new-logoA non-profit, non-stock organization, established in 1958 PANA is founded on four basic principles:
  • The belief that advertising is an essential factor in marketing of goods and services and, consequentially, is an important factor in the economic life of the country;
  • The belief that the interests of consumers should be the primary concern of advertisers and in the case of conflict, the interest of the consumer should prevail;
  • The belief that public confidence in advertising and advertised goods and services should be promoted, and therefore any practice that tends to undermine the confidence should be prevented or corrected.
  • The belief in the upliftment of the standards and practices of advertising
  • Formed by advertisers for advertisers, PANA is the only organization in the country that unites the users of advertising. Its member companies comprise every major industry in the country.
  • The first attempt after the war to organize those in advertising came with the founding of the old Advertising Club in 1948. The members composed of advertisers, media representatives, agency people, and others in related fields.
  • Because of the diverse interests of its members, and because it was more of a social club than a professional organization, was dissolved in 1951.
  • In 1956, Robert Hinchman, Jr., Advertising Manager of Caltex, and Anacleto del Rosario took an active interest in getting advertising practitioners to form an organization patterned after the U.S. Association of National Advertisers.
  • Their efforts resulted in an Organizational Meeting which was held on October 16, 1957 at the Old Manila Overseas Press Club. 45 representatives from various businesses, established the urgency of organizing the PANA.
  • The organization of PANA was carried out by a Steering Committee, later on called the Organizational Committee.
  • On January 30, 1958, the Philippine Association of National Advertisers was born in a general meeting of representatives from 42 companies which elected the association’s 11-member Board of Directors.